During 12 months , Violations were practiced by the current Egyptian authorities against students in Egyptian universities and institutes, where arbitrary arrests and military trials against the students who oppose the regime, as well as enforced disappearance crimes that are being committed routinely almost daily against university students , in addition to the killings outside the framework of the law, which has pursued to suppress opponents of the Egyptian regime disregard by the Egyptian authorities against all international laws and conventions and the laws of the Egyptian interior, which there are explicit provisions criminalizing such practices and even the crimes are punishable, and on the outskirts of the end of this year – 2015 – we Observatory “of freedom seekers” restrict the most prominent violations that took place against universities and institutes students during this year, during the nearly 350 days -since January 1, 2015 until December 15, 2015, we offer you this exclusively through the following info graph which reviews :
– The number of students who were killed outside the framework of the law at the hands of the Egyptian security services.
– The number of students who have been arbitrarily arrested illegally.
– The number of students who have been referred to military trials.
– The number of students who have been exposed to the crime of enforced disappearance.
– The number of students who have been dismissed arbitrarily by the administrative of Egyptian universities against the political affiliations and opinions.
We at “freedom seekers” observatory – we monitored through 2015 only – the number (24) murders outside the framework of the law against the Egyptian institutes and university students at the hands of the security services,
– As for the arbitrary detention, we have been able to monitor the number (1010) arbitrarily arrested without a warrant for students in Egyptian universities and institutes, the average number of (3) arrests daily, as spotted exposure approximately (39.6%) of the students who were arrested of the crime of enforced disappearance.
Below we enumerate the number of students who have been subjected to arbitrary detention during 2015, according to their university – regardless of their detention until the moment or not -:
The number of Cairo University students who have been subjected to arbitrary arrest during the time mentioned (98), students – by “9.7%”, and the number of Helwan University students (29) students, as the number of Ain Shams University Students (42) students – by “4.15% “As for the Alexandria University, the number of students has reached 81 students – by” 8% “, came the number of Zagazig University students (19) student, while the number of Mansoura University students amounted to 77 students – by” 7.6% “.
And private colleges and universities, the number of students who have been subjected to arbitrary arrest (155) students – by “15.3%”, as the number of “Ismailia university students – Port Said – Suez” (11) student, while the number of students from Aswan University reached (4) Students, as the number of Assiut University students reached (23) students, while the number of students from the University of Fayoum (43) student – by “4.25%”, while the total number of Minya University Students are (12) student, as the number of students among University of Bani Suef (11) students, and the number of Sohag University Students (7) students, also two students from the University of Qena to arbitrary arrest, and the number of Menoufia University Students (46) student – by “4.5%, while the number of students from the University of Banha are (14 ) Student.
As for the students at Damanhour University’s reached 14 students, and the number of students from Damietta University reached (11) students, while the number of Tanta University Students were (18) students, as the number of students from Kafr el-Sheikh University are (16), student, and finally reached The number of students from Al-Azhar University to (277) students – by “27.4% of the total students who have been subjected to arbitrary arrest during 2015.
– Among students who were arrested arbitrarily, we at Observatory of “freedom seekers” monitored the number (140) students who have been referred to military trial, by the number of (134) students, and the number of (6) students, in flagrant violation of Article No. (14) of International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which Egypt has signed on , pledging to abide by its terms.
– In spite of the criminalization in all international conventions on exposing anyone to enforced disappearance under any circumstances, we have been able to monitor a large number of enforced disappearances against students in Egyptian universities and institutes, reaching what we have monitored the number (400) The crime of enforced disappearances, by number (390) case against male students, and the number (10) cases against female students – “with a crime of enforced disappearance daily on an average scale.”
– We were also able at the observatory of “freedom seekers” to monitor the number (286) decision of an administrative separation of pre-university departments throughout the Republic against the right to students of Egyptian universities and institutes, arbitrarily against the their of views of political and ideological affiliations, in the longer blatantly on their right to learn, and their right to embrace ideas and freedom of expression, which are guaranteed rights in the international conventions and even in the Egyptian Constitution.
At the conclusion of this presentation, and with the continuation of the repressive policies made known by the Egyptian state apparatus, we Observatory of “freedom seekers,” We emphasize our condemnation of such violations because of the clear violation of international and domestic law and is a flagrant on freedom of thought, opinion and expression, as well as to the result of repression and restriction to any form of criticism or opposition to the regime, which could boost the case of division within the community college students and raise their sense of hostility towards the state, and therefore the consequences.
So our recommendations came as follows:
First: the release of all detained students arbitrarily on charges of their political opinion.
Second: open a serious and extensive investigations into the killings outside the law and the right of students and to hold those accountable involved by bringing them to a neutral and fair trials.
Third: the speed of detection of places of detention for students forcibly disappeared by the security services, and to release them, or display before the competent investigating bodies and then only if they are found committed to be punishable.
Fourth: the abolition of all military trials of civilians and refer them to the normal civil courts.
Fifth: requiring university administrations to issue decisions arbitrarily return of the dismissed students to the classroom.